Thursday 3 September 2009

ANGELS OF VATHIS


One and a half year after Kipseli's exhibition my work had become more sculptural and i had began to work with collage.
Me and 3 other female artists, were invited by curator and artist Antony Vathis to create a piece in his apartment - a process that resulted an exhibition. Each of as occupied a room and worked for a week. The results were 2 wall paintings, 1 performance
and 1 sculpture.

I concider my sculpture a reaction to both the concept of the exhibition and to the room itself. Conceptually i created something referential to feminity as an answer to the title of the exhibition and the exclusive participation of female artists. The room was full of books and magazines which i organised like football arena seats. I placed the sculpture on a wall opposite the "seats".























The sculpture was made with expanding foam, acrylic paint, varnish, pins and photos.This piece is significant to me because it was the starting point for my research on issues that i investigated for the next years like sexuality, biology and body boundaries.


No comments:

Post a Comment